Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Hot, Hot, Hot!

My goodness it's hot outside! We set up bonsai falls (water slide with pool at bottom) on Monday and again today. Brenden had a friend over Monday and today we invited Spencer's best friend Zac and his sisters over. They moved 30 minutes away in May. Zac's mom Megan is who I ran the 5k with in May. We used to run around our neighborhood together before they moved. It was nice to sit and catch up with her for a few hours and for the kids to play. I got in the pool with the kids on Monday but not today. Our dog Dakoda spent way too much time outside with us on Monday and was very sick that night. I'm not sure if she got stung by a bee or if it was heat exhaustion but we had to give her a benadryl and it calmed her after about an hour of throwing up and not breathing properly. I kept her in today while we were outside. I haven't run this week because it's just been way too hot. That's ok though, I can take a little break from running for a week because I busted my butt running in the last 3 weeks. It's so hard to run in the high heat and humidity. Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is staying cool.

No comments: