Sunday, July 25, 2010

enjoying country life for a day

Yesterday we went to Josh and Jenny's for the day to celebrate Pam's birthday. We took our bonsai falls (blow up water slide), they jumped on the trampoline and played in the basement where they've put the video games, TV and loads and loads of toys. Cassidy loved the basement. Always does. I got to play with Viola who is 8 months old and crawling and is just so beautiful with her blonde hair and big blue eyes. And the best part was the evening when the sun finally gave in a little, a breeze came along and the grown ups could actually stand being outside again. Then Josh showed my kids what they've been missing. He brought out the 4 wheelers. He has a big one and a small one for the kids. So the boys were able to ride around for a couple of hours and Josh took them all around on the back of the big 4 wheeler on a wagon ride. The kids had so much fun. Richard was in heaven just sitting there enjoying the scenery of, well corn fields and woods. He wants to be in the country the next time we move, me....well, I'll put it this way, I get the pick of the house and he picks the land. I've never lived in the country in my entire life so I'm a bit on the iffy side. I don't like the complete darkness at night and I'm so used to the kids being able to just go around the corner to get to one of several friends houses and they always have someone to play with here in town. But I'm sure they'll be able to entertain themselves in the country somehow when the time comes.

No comments: