Friday, January 1, 2010

Top Ten Memories from 2009

I thought I'd share the top ten memories of 2009, the good and the bad.

1. Cassidy's stitches. That was the scariest day I've ever had as a parent so far. And I hope it will be the last (knock on wood). One little scuff of the foot on flat carpet at mom's place made her just fall right over and hit her head on the windowsill beside the elevator, splitting it wide open and covering her in blood.

2. Vacation. Once again we returned to OuterBanks for our vacation. Love that place.
3. Not so happy memory, right after returning from above said vacation Richard lost his job.

4. Spencer started 1st grade, Brenden started 5th grade. Brenden is in his last year of
elementary school in our school system. Next year is junior high. He also started the
year with a girlfriend, the prettiest girl in 5th grade I might add!

5. H1N1. Yep, we got it. 4 out of 5 of us did. Brenden got it first (his teacher had it, so that's where it started from), then Spencer, Cassidy and finally me. I trained for my job with a 102 fever. Now that's dedication.

6. I got a seasonal job for 1800Flowers.com which started in November and ended Dec. 21.
Was a neat experience having an honest to goodness work at home job.

7. Every kid sick at Christmas. That's never happened before. Actually, it usually ends up being me that is sick at Christmas. 2 years ago Cassidy was sick at Christmas but no one else has ever been sick at Christmas before. This year we were greeted with pneumonia, croup and an ear infection for Christmas.

8. A memorable Christmas. Despite the year we've had, we were still able to pull off an awesome Christmas for the kids. Thanks to some early bird Black Friday shopping and also getting things a few at a time since the layoff. The kids couldn't get a new game system that they wanted but I think the WWE tickets more than made up for that. And their reaction when they opened them will never be forgotten. It was just one of those moments that you end up talking about for years to come.

9. No list would be complete without mentioning my running. I plan on running a 5K in May. I've come to really love running. I did get a running shirt for Christmas that says "Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first" which is becoming my motto for myself when I'm running to keep me pushing myself.

10. And finally the addition of Dakoda. She is our 1 year old Belgian Shepherd. When we got her she was a hyper nutcase. Now she's just a part of the family. She loves the kids to death and plays with them like she is a kid. She is 55 pounds and yet manages to climb up on our laps like she is a 10 pound lap dog. But if we say the word she will attack any threat to her family. Also on the dog note, Bob, our other dog, was diagnosed with a tumor in May. He's still doing well, but the tumor is still growing. (Dakoda is on the left, Bob on right)



So there you have it. I hope 2010 treats us better than 2009 did.

No comments: