Thursday, January 7, 2010

The ear infection that won't go away!

Spencer had a re-check doctor appt yesterday to make sure the pneumonia had cleared out. He has a little residual coughing left but his lungs are clear so he's all good. Cassidy had been running a low grade fever since Monday and saying her ear hurt so I had her checked again too and low and behold she has an ear infection in the other ear now. She's feeling awful. She slept from 9:30 last night until 9 this morning and then took a 4 hour nap from 1:30 to 5:30. She's been sitting on my lap all day. And to top it off, her tummy is very upset. Side effect of the medicine. Christmas Eve is was in the right ear now it's in the left. So it left one to go to the other instead of clearing up. The Dr put her on a different medicine this time to see if it works better for her. Something the Dr did tell me is that people who had H1N1 have been getting a plethera of other illnesses this season.

How about this snow? Richard has shoveled 4 inches off the driveway today and that is on top of the snow we already had. And it's still coming down. The kids were dismissed at 3pm today, a whopping 30 minutes early. But that was to allow plenty of time for them to get the high schoolers and middle schoolers home safely and come back for the grade school kids. So I understand that completely. I'm guessing there will be no school tomorrow but you never can tell the way the School Board will see things in the morning. Everyone stay safe over the next few days driving in the snow.

And you may notice on my mile tracker I haven't run in the last 2 days. Hard to do with a 3 year old attached to you. Kids come first. I'll run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

School here is Hillsboro was closed today, even though the snow did not start until about 10:00 am....I'm glad though, I didn't want Tate driving on the roads when they released them...Already a 2 hour delay for tomorrow...