Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ahh, bringing back memories from my youth

My boys are both into watching wrestling now. It's all they talk about lately. It's the newest Wii game they bought for themselves with their profit from the stuff they sold in the yard sale. WWE and TNA consumes their Thursday nights from 8-11. Brenden wants a John Cena bedroom and Spencer wants a Sting bedroom. Of course, this will all pass but it is funny to see how much they are into it. It brings back memories from my childhood when I would watch WWF with my dad and me and Jared would act like we were in the WWF. (For those who don't know, Jared was my stepbrother, my dad's wife Janie's son). My favorites were Macho Man Randy Savage and his wife (I think) Elizabeth and of course, Hulk Hogan. It's funny to see some of the same guys still in the wrestling game that were in it back then and this was at least 20 years ago that I stopped watching wrestling.

Something else bringing back memories is Brenden's music choices these days. My cousin JD would be proud to know that Brenden is listening to a lot of Metallica lately. I remember JD being into the metal music. And the latest music is from Pantera. I had that on my mp3 player and he loves it. Now Hollie, Heather and I used to cruise West Union listening to Pantera. Hollie and Heather got me into that group in the first place because the music I listened to in Urbana cruising was rap and the West Union kids were just not into rap at all. It's cool to see him into the same things we were into as kids. Richard listened to metal, punk and alternative music too so Brenden has 2 people to really show him a lot of good music. Now if he'd just start playing his guitar. Speaking of guitar, Spencer is awesome on guitar hero on the Wii. Maybe Brenden should give Spencer his guitar since he's not showing interest in it himself yet it's all he wanted for Christmas.

No comments: