Thursday, August 6, 2009

I knew running wouldn't be easy....

"Running is real and relatively simple - but it ain't easy." - Mark Will-Weber


I enjoy running. I'm getting better with each run. I'm walking less of it and can't wait until I can run the entire 3 miles. I knew it wouldn't be easy though. Sometimes I'm having the internal struggle with myself to turn around and go back because I'm too tired but I don't and never have, for which I'm very proud of myself. I read other blogs by runners and I'm inspired by them and feel good in knowing that they all started out the same as me; can't breathe, can't run for too long, injuries, etc. I've learned over the last few months how to properly breathe, which I've begun doing, and to stretch properly and that ice and Advil will no doubt be my best friends some days. And even through all of this which would deter a lot of people from even beginning, I'm pushing through. I feel so good about myself after getting back from a run and one of these days when 'Army man" runs past me, I'll be able to keep up. (Army man is an older guy who lives in our neighborhood who runs daily and always wears his green Army shirt.)

1 comment:

natalie said...

Congrats to you, Julie- Keep it up!!! And I know exactly who you are talking about "Army Man"... lol! Oh to be neighbors again =(