Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm a jogger....soon to be runner!

I started jogging about 2 weeks before vacation and I love it and since coming home from vacation I've kept it up. I've overdone it a bit by going out everyday so I've had to cut it down to every other day because I hurt my knee quite badly on Friday and limped home. My hip on the same leg as the knee injury is hurting too. Spencer and I went out last week with his best friend Zack and Zack's mom Megan who jogs too. I'm up to 3 miles now in right around 45 minutes. I've heard that running is doing it in under 9 minutes so I'm definitely still a jogger but I'll get there. I'm still in the walk/jog phase but I'm jogging more than walking now so that's really great. Brenden goes with me and Spencer sometimes too. Spencer jogged 2 miles with me the other night and we stopped by the house and picked up Richard and Cassidy for the last mile and also Spencer's bike. I don't want him over doing it and hurting himself. Brenden has played football and basketball and he does great keeping up with me. Though I've found that recently I jog more than him and I have to stop for him instead of me telling him I need a break like in May when we started. That's awesome! Now Brenden is taking his bike or scooter more often. I'm no Gary yet (my cousin's hubby who runs marathons) but maybe I'll get there one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you run your 1st marathon, I'll be there to yell "way to go Julie" I have a lot of experince waiting at the finish lines at marathons.

Tracy