Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fun time at the Wynonna Concert

Wynonna was at the Lancaster Festival last night and I was at the concert with my mom. It was awesome. Her voice is beautiful. She sang "Love can build a bridge" and "Grandpa" from her days with her mom and "Only Love" and "No One Else On Earth" from her albums (others too but these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head) and she sang the Christian song "I Can Only Imagine" beautifully too. She sang with the Lancaster Orchestra band and did covers of a lot of other songs too cuz with an orchestra she can't really do all her country stuff without her band. This is part of her orchestra tour. Nonetheless, she was great, covers or her original stuff, didn't matter to me. She could sing the phone book. She looked great too. She had a little boy come up on stage who brought flowers to the stage for her and she had his mom take their picture together. That was cool. She got his name and age (Travis, 8) and told the audience that she thought is was great that a kid knew who she was. A toddler was dancing down front at one point and she had her camera guy put him up on the jumbo tron....that was sooo cute! She is so friendly and really is great for a family crowd. She loves the little ones. I'll remember that cuz if I see her again I'll take the kids and maybe I'll get to meet her. She told stories and sang and I just really enjoyed the concert. I listened to her as a kid with my parents and then when she went out on her own I listened to her of my own free will. If she comes to your town, I recommend seeing her. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: