Friday, July 4, 2008

a big girl bed and a birthday party

As promised here are pictures of Cassidy in her big girl bed. I still have to take a picture of it alone so you all can see what it looks like. And I'm throwing in a picture of her on her last night in her crib too. She loves her Dora bed as you can see! Her room looks cute and has Dora stick ups on the wall and everything. I did the stick ups during her nap so when she woke up she came in and was pointing to everything telling me what and who they were. It was so cute. She said "Awesome" about her room and that is what she had just said when I took the picture below.


Along with giving her a big girl bed she had to give up her binkies. That has gone amazingly well. She cried about it on the first day during naptime but didn't cry again that night or since. She has however caught Brenden's cold (and Spencer too) so she hasn't slept through the night in her new bed yet. She sleeps with us when she's sick cuz she's so restless and wakes up so much and with her right beside me I'm there to wipe her nose in the middle of the night. I've always done this with all the kids when they were this small.

On to birthday news for Brenden. He turned 9 on June 23 and had a skating party at the skating rink on June 21. We got him Jonas Brothers tickets and he was so excited! I kept that a secret from him for like 2 months and I was so happy to get those for him!!! He had said he wanted to go but when Richard first looked up ticket info he saw something that said the tickets were like $500 so we told him there was no way that would happen. Then I looked it up and found out when they actually went on sale and got them for way under $500! We are not on the floor cuz I didn't think he'd be able to see over everyone standing so we are just 6 rows up on the side, but we have a front view of them...does that make sense? I'll put up pictures after the concert which is August 23rd. Mom got him a Nintendo DS which hasn't left his hands too often in the last 2 weeks. We had about 15-17 kids at the party and it was probably the best party yet. He's had parties yearly but this was the first low maintance one for me and Richard where all we had to do was the cake! He got a lot of money from friends and we gave him money too to pick out a video game or two that he'd like. And here are a few pictures:





Getting big isn't he! Brenden skating Brenden and friends....minus a couple of kids who had to leave early.

Spencer skating



Cassidy skating


Have a safe and happy fourth of July everyone!

No comments: