Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The finality of it....

We are taking down the crib today. Last night was the last time anyone will sleep in that crib for 15-20 years (when Brenden has his first child....it had better be at least this long!). Cassidy is 2 years and 3 months old and it is depressing me to take it down but it's time. She is getting a Dora toddler bed in place of the crib. She is really excited about it because she loves everything Dora the Explorer. But this letting go of the last baby thing is sucky! I sold the swing and playpen and highchair and all the other big baby things last summer. But this makes the baby days be gone forever. Cassidy will be the last baby in our house. And now she's not a baby anymore....she's officially a toddler. I don't want another baby, I just want her baby days back! I love when the kids are babies. I don't mind the not sleeping at all. I have always wished that for the first 6 months of a baby's life they didn't grow so dag on fast! And now taking down the crib makes me have to deal with the finality of it all. There will be no more baby days around here. So today I'll cry and tomorrow I'll be fine with it cuz the Dora bed is cute and it will make her happy to sleep in a big girl bed and I know that 3 kids is enough for us! I just won't be watching any of the baby videos any time soon, that's for sure! I'll post pictures of the Dora bed soon! And in the next post I'll tell you all about Brenden's 9th birthday party! It was great......Ya'll come back now, you hear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not so bad......I longed for another baby until the day I turned 40 & now I am actually enjoying the teen years. Everybody can dress them selves, feed themselves, drive themselves, go to the bathroom all by themselves. Just enjoy each stage as it comes & don't look back. It may sound depressing, but some day, it will be just you & Richard again. I am enjoying dating my husband again;-)