Sunday, August 22, 2010

School starts this week

The summer break from school has come to an end. The boys start back to school on Wednesday and my day goes back to just me and Cassidy. Cassidy starts ballet class on Sept 1st in the morning and we'll have library day once a week too. She's really looking forward to ballet and the boys are excited about going back to school. Spencer found out who his teacher will be and who is in his class and Brenden had orientation last Wednesday afternoon and we toured the school and mapped out all his classes since he only has 3 minutes between classes to get from one to the other. He met his first period teacher and he didn't remember her name but Spencer does. Spencer has my memory skills:) Figuring out the locker combination proved to be quite the task for Brenden but he eventually got it. He's so super excited about starting junior high. His first football game of the season will be next weekend too. His team had a car wash today to raise funds for the team banquet at the end of the season. Spencer has yet to have a good practice with his team yet for football because his coach is in the hospital with pneumonia so his wife showed up last week and said "does anyone know anything about football?" Oh boy....so some assistant coaches from other teams practicing that day came over and helped out. I'm enjoying my weekend off this weekend. It's been a while since I haven't worked on the weekends for a few hours on one or both days. But my work has been going so well and I only worked 3 days this week and made my weekly goal already. I'm a 5 star agent which is the top amount of stars and I'm only 1.5% away from being in the top 10% of agents so I'm very happy with my progress the last few months. It truly has been a godsend to not have to leave home to work and I can still be here with the kids and be here for the last year before Cassidy starts school. And with her nap coinciding with my work schedule, she'll only have to play in her room by herself for 1 hour and then take her nap and when she wakes up if I'm not done working then Brenden will be home so it all works out quite nicely. That's all I've got for now. Gotta go make some Chef Boyardee pizzas...Yum, Yum!

No comments: