Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's HOT!

Well the storms knocked out power in all of Lancaster yesterday except for my neighborhood. We lost power for only 20 minutes but since we are in the newest part of Lancaster we actually have a different electric carrier than the rest of town so all AEP customers lost power. So we got lucky there but last night we began to realize it was really hot in here and this morning Richard told me that our central air unit had frozen. So right now it is 90 degrees IN MY HOUSE! I went and bought another oscillating fan so now we have 2 fans going in the living room. I had to take the afternoon off of work because I don't even want to know how hot it is upstairs right now and that's where my office space is. When the kids and I left to go to Walmart to pick up the other fan we just sat in the car for a few minutes with the AC on full blast and we were loving it. I think before football practices tonight (both have practice tonight and poor Brenden has to be in full pads and helmet) we'll leave early and sit in the car for a while. Now I'm fully aware that back in the day people lived without AC but I've never had to and I don't like it! At least I've got the fans so it's manageable. I don't know how people could have possibly managed this kind of heat without fans.

No comments: