Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you watching American Idol?

Last night one of my favorites went home, Didi Benami. Richard says Didi reminds him of Edie Brickell. I really liked her and I do believe that someone will be offering her a recording contract. My other favorites are Siobhan Magnus, Crystal Bowersox (from here in Ohio), "Big Mike"Michael Lynche, and Andrew Garcia. I'm hoping these guys and girls will be the top 4. Clearly I was hoping that Didi would be with them for the top 5. It's really good this year with a lot of great and very different talent. Lily Scott was voted off a few weeks ago and she was very jazzy and good too. I have to watch their performances the next day online because American Idol performance night is on on the same night as Biggest Loser and Lost and we can only DVR one show while watching another. Sorry American Idol, Biggest Loser trumps you on that night. And well, no one can compete with LOST. And while I'm on the American Idol topic, sometimes there are performances on that show that leave an impression. For me that was Season 1 contestant Tamyra Grey singing "A House is not a Home". That night I really thought she would win the show. I was in tears. No one has ever topped that performance, in my eyes, on American Idol yet. I don't know how to put the video of that performance on here but if you want to hear it follow this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wN4wGxPvpw.

1 comment:

Cousin Tracy said...

I really like Siobhan, but she did not do well at all this week....I hope she gets back on track this week....I also like Crystal. Like the judges say, she knows who she it.

Tracy