Sunday, April 18, 2010

6 days til my first race

Saturday April 24th is my first 5K. I've been able to get more running time in now it is warmer outside and I'm not scheduling any work hours in the morning. I had to put my running back as a priority and myself as a priority and schedule myself in to my own stinking schedule. I run on M-W-F at 9:30am with my friend and yesterday I ran at the boys' school for 1.25 miles. I was planning on running 2 miles but at the 1.25 lap around I came up to Spencer telling me Brenden was hurt so after checking on him we decided to head home. Brenden was on the playground and was jumping up to a part of the jungle gym and didn't clear the bar above his head and he hit the back of his neck. We didn't want to take any chances with that kind of injury so we came on home. Back to the race....I don't know if I'll be able to run the entire 3 miles without walking some of it but I will give it my best shot. But by the May 15 Race for the Cure I hope to be able to run that entire race. It's nice to be back to consistently running. With the treadmill broken I was unable to run until it got warmer and it's so great to be back outside running as well. And I love running in the morning, it curbs my apetite the rest of the day and gives me a lot of energy. So that's it for now. Check back next weekend for pictures of me at my first race!

No comments: