Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break Adventures

Spring break was last week for the boys. We went to my dad's on Tuesday and I worked the rest of the week and on Saturday we went on a hike in the woods. Spencer put a Spencer size hole in my dad's screen door on Tuesday. I was cutting strawberries, my dad and Richard ran to the store for ice cream, Cassidy was in the kitchen with me and the boys were playing. I saw Brenden come across the window on the outside and the next thing I hear is a loud crashing sound and I thought he ran into the patio chair. Nope. Spencer was still in the house and saw Brenden outside and apparently ran to go to the back door and outside and ran right through the screen door. Needless to say I wasn't too happy at that point. Now what comes next truly proves that saying right that grandparents aren't as hard on grandkids as they are on us when we were kids because my dad laughed about it.

On Saturday we took a hike through the woods in Logan on the property of Richard's ex-brother in law and that was fun. Well, the walking into the woods was, out of it was all uphill and not nearly as fun! We went back to where Richard's nephew and a few friends have tree stands and the boys got up in one and Richard took Cassidy up in it too. I started the climb up and chickened out and came back down. But in my defense, it was only because I was wearing Brenden's boots and I didn't feel safe climbing in unfamiliar shoes. Lame I know, but true. When one of the groves slid on one rung of the ladder I freaked and back down I came. After leaving the woods we stopped by the park for a bit and then at 6 Brenden had his end of season basketball banquet.

I worked on Sunday to make up for not working on Tuesday and made nice money that day so I was happy. The job is going well and I'm really liking it. As I've built up my performance I'm seeing a lot more call volume and that's good. But with all sales jobs, you never know what the call volume will be so I'm thankful that it's been busy right now. Hoping it doesn't die off in the summer though I fear it could.

It's 2 weeks until my first 5k and Natalie and I walked this morning for 3.14 miles and will run on Wednesday and Friday. Neither of us has run in 2 weeks so we decided to walk this morning so as not to hurt ourselves and be sore the rest of the week. And we were busy talking! So that's it for now. Enjoy the nice weather we are having!

No comments: