Friday, February 5, 2010

Spelling Bee update

We just got back from the spelling bee. Brenden made it three rounds finishing in 7th place out of 19 students in the spelling bee composed of 4th and 5th graders. The word that got him out was beige, which I must add was not on the list of words the principal gave the kids to study. None of the words he gave were on the list so I'm not sure what list the principal was looking at. So Brenden did great for not ever seeing these words before that he spelled today. He was one of nine 5th graders in the spelling bee, so out of @80 5th graders he's in the top of the class for spelling. He did a great job. I'm actually upset because of the whole list issue. I don't think that was very fair at all. He's been working on those words since last week making sure he got everything right. He had big words like consonant, straightforward, celebration, etc that were on the list that he mastered and then to get one that wasn't on the list.....not cool Mr. Knight. So, Brenden, great job bud. We are so proud of you. And I didn't take pictures so I wouldn't make him nervous. Your welcome Brenden!

No comments: