Friday, February 12, 2010

I signed up for....

my first 5K! It will be April 24th here in Lancaster. It is the 5K run/walk for Strides for Mental Health. I just saw this online when looking for local races and wanted to do this one since it will be smaller than the 5K Race for the Cure in Columubs May 15 that I'm also doing. Doing this smaller one will be less intimidating for me and will help me feel more confident when I head to the bigger one. My friend Natalie is running both of them with me. I am very excited about the fact that I just signed up for my first race.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You go Girl!!! Before you know it, you will be ready for 1/2 marathon!......Just let me know if & when you do a half marathon.....I'll be at the finish line watching for you..I have plenty of experenice doing that :-)

Love,
Cousin Tracy

B said...

Awesome!!!! Good luck and wish I was able to to likewise. I'm still stuck just walking fast. Sigh...