Saturday, November 21, 2009

Here's an update

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been quite busy here. We are all healthy now (knock on wood) and the swine flu has left our house. Good Riddance. It was not fun. I spent last Thursday and Friday training for my job while laying in bed with my notes right beside me. Thankfully training was only 4 hours a day. Shows my dedication to the job by training while running a 102 fever and going through a roll of toilet paper for blowing my nose in one 4 hour period. I was miserable but I had no other choice. I couldn't put off training when we need the job right now. It's been 5 1/2 months now since Richard lost his job. No prospects on the horizon either. He's putting his resume out there when there is a place to submit it. But there are just no opportunities in his field right now. I'll be working 3pm-8pm this coming Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I get Thanksgiving day off, which is great since I'm the one who makes everything at my house.

Brenden had basketball practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night and Spencer had his first meet and greet with his team this morning where he got broken in quickly with a 1 1/2 hour practice. Brenden got to go on the court and help out too by passing with them and playing in a 5 on 5 game with them. The little ones had no idea what they are doing yet. The coach hasn't coached boys ever. He has 4 daughters and his grandson is on the team so it's been a while since he coached and never this little of kids. And it is completely evident because he just jumped right in thinking they already know the basics of the game and it's their first year. But some dad's got in there and helped out. He was telling them not to press the court, congest the area, and talking about offense and defense. These first graders were clueless. I think I will mention to the coach's son in law (who was 1 of the dad's helping out) that he should remind the coach that these kids are first timers and don't understand the terms he's using and he has to show them and explain to them. He was a great coach though and the kids will be awesome he just needs to slow down and find a way to break it down to first graders. Brenden's first game will be next Saturday. I put on my application that I am not available on Saturdays so I will be able to make all the games for both boys.

Training ended on Friday and I'll be "thrown to the wolves" on Monday to take my first calls. I have to take orders and take service calls regarding refunds, replacements, shipping, complaints, and whatever service issue a customer may have. It's been a while, 10 1/2 years to be exact, since I've done a job like this. Wish me luck! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Becca Sue Congdon said...

Glad to hear you're all feeling better. Are you working from home? How'd you get connected with that?