Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quick Update

I'm running 2 miles now. Takes me 30.04 minutes but I get-er-done. I'm working on building mileage, not speed. The slower the pace is for me, the easier it is to put in more mileage. Legs are sore today and with trick or treat tonight, I've decided to not run today since I'll be walking for 1.5 hours tonight. Cassidy hasn't stopped talking about trick or treat all day. She wanted to put on her costume this morning after dropping the boys off at school. I've got the camcorder charged, the camera charged, the candy bags/bucket ready. Brenden is going with his friends tonight. There is a group of boys that we are allowing him to go with and they'll all have their phones on them.

Speaking of Brenden, the other night was a very proud moment. Here's the story: Fred, Richard's former brother in law, collects the tabs off of cans and donates them to somewhere that uses them to raise money for St. Jude Children's hospital. Richard mentioned it to us and asked us to keep them off of pop cans and we'll give them to Fred. Well, Brenden has a little keychain that he has been saving pop tabs on already. As soon as Richard mentioned St. Jude Brenden was up and getting them and giving them to us. These were ones he was keeping himself as a little collection of his own. Wow, the tears welled up in my eyes. He has such a big and giving heart. That's our boy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Where are the pictures????

Love,
Cousin Tract