Monday, October 5, 2009

I Did It!

I ran a continuous mile today without walking any of it! I ran at 4 miles an hour so it was a nice, easy and steady pace for me. I'm so proud of myself! I was channeling Jillian Michaels from "The Biggest Loser" from about .85 on by yelling at myself (in my head) making myself push hard and dig deep to finish the mile. What an awesome feeling I have right now. I can't wait to go past the mile and tell you all when I've done 2 straight miles. Now don't expect miracles from me, I'm sure it will take some time but now that I've done a straight mile I feel like anything is possible and I know that I can push myself to the next step. Yay me!

1 comment:

Becca Sue Congdon said...

That first mile is magical, isn't it? Keep running! I just did 6 for the first time this week, and have only been running for six months... it's crazy!