Thursday, October 16, 2008

Muffins with Mom


Today was Muffins with Moms at the boys' school. My mom came over this morning at 7:45 to be here with Cassidy. We had a good time and Spencer was happy since it was his first time getting to do this. It surprised me that a mom sitting across from us, who happens to be a mom to kid in Spencer's class, didn't eat anything or even speak to her kids. She told them to hurry up a few times and that sucked to see. When her daughter spoke to Spencer and me her mom didn't say a word or even crack a smile. This is a time to come and enjoy a bit of time with your child before school in their environment and get to meet some of their friends and moms. She looked like she didn't even want to be there. So sad. Anyway, I got to go to Spencer and Brenden's classes after we ate and I got to meet some of Spencer's friends and see him interact with them for a bit. Brenden knows everyone. He's such a social boy. We're walking through the gym like he's a celeb or something, he's pointing and waving at everyone. So funny! One boy kept coming over a talking to him for a bit then he'd have to go because his dad and him were there helping with everything making sure there were enough muffins and juice on the tables. Then I came home and I've been on the quest to find our family picture outfits the rest of the morning. We got home around 11:30. I found a dark green dress for Cassidy and now everyone else's outfit will revolve around her dress. It's easier that way to get hers first and go from there. I'll probably go to Steve and Barry's for the boys because you all know that I'm going to match them. It's just too cute and I have to still do it. Maybe soon I'll stop that since Brenden is getting older, but for now I'm matching them while I still can get away with it! So you all know to look for the family picture with or as the Christmas cards.

No comments: