Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OBX bound!


We're going back to the beach baby! Heading out for OuterBanks, NC on Saturday and staying in a beach house for a week. My dad will be joining us for a couple of days. He's really looking forward to it too. We're going to take the boys' fishing poles this year so they can fish at the sound. This year we also plan on going up in the lighthouse too. Last year it was closed on the day we were there. I'm looking forward to getting fudge at Timbuck II and saltwater taffy. It's so awesome there. My mom will be dog and cat sitting for us. I'm not sure if I'll post while I'm there or when I get back but I put on a beach picture from last year just to make you say Ahh! at the beauty of the ocean. The kids are really excited (except for the fact that Brenden will miss the field days at school and he'd rather be there...too bad so sad!). Cassidy is looking forward to swimming in the pool. She keeps asking about it all the time. The boys have saved up all their allowance money to take and spend there and we agreed to match whatever they've saved. Well, I'm off to the store now to buy some of the non perishable food to take there cuz it's cheaper here! I've got to get the kids some flip flops so they don't have to wear their good sandals to the beach, pick up my medicine, etc. I've got a busy couple of days before we leave so I'll write to you all again either during or after vacation. Wish me good weather!

1 comment:

~Lori said...

Have a great trip. It sounds like a lot of fun...I love the ocean photo, too. Can't wait to see the pics when you get back.