Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back to running

I've been super busy lately and wasn't able to focus on my running. Well spring is here and there's no more excuses! Cassidy and I went for a run this morning. Cassidy took one trip on her bike and one trip in her Barbie car. We totaled 1.21 miles going around the block to my friends house and back twice. Her legs were tired by the time we got to Kendra's on the first trip so I was pushing her with one hand a little on the way back to help her out with the pedaling and on the second trip we picked up the Barbie car. I didn't walk any of it which surprised me because I haven't been able to run in the past 3 months much at all. I had a quick 2 min break while we switched from bike to car but that was it. The rest was all running non-stop and I'm proud of myself because my first 5k is April 24th so I've got to get back into the swing of things. i was doing fine until December and then I was working a lot and then came January and training with the new company and February studying for the insurance exams. So now life is feeling a bit back to normal where I have time again to do some things and that will include running. The YMCA here offers its track free of charge to runners through a commit to be fit type of program so I'm going to do that with my friend Natalie who is running the 5k's with me. Yep, the first one is April 24th and the second 5k is May 15. It felt great to be out there running this morning. When the boys come home I may just do another mile.

1 comment:

B said...

That is awesome! I almost ran outside today, since I'd only one munchkin and was going to do the same. Get out her bike but ended up on the tread and killing myself with a 6% incline. I'm not sure what my deal is with inclines lately. Also, I nominated you for a beautiful blogger award. The art, listing and info is on my original post: http://motherofthemunchkins.blogspot.com/2010/03/at-long-last-leprechaun-trap-fiasco-is.html

Perhaps tomorrow I'll get myself outdoors.