Monday, February 16, 2009

Something new about all three kids

Brenden is the oldest so I'll start with him. Friday night he had a school dance for 4th and 5th grade only. He had a blast. He asked me not to chaperone the dance so I didn't. That was hard to not get to be there and watch him enjoy himself. I have to let go a little bit more with each year older that he gets. This past year we started letting him walk or ride his bike around the neighborhood with friends. And he walks to his friends house that is on the street behind us but has to call when he gets there. It's scary letting them do these thing on their own in this world today. Moving on....his basketball season ended on Saturday with the loss of their second playoff game. He had a good season though. Since they are off of school today he has already been to one friends' house this morning and came home from there and went straight across the street to his best friends' house. We have to limit him to just a few days a week going to friends' houses because he'd be gone all the time....and he's 9! Once that boy gets his license he'll be gone all the time. I don't want to think about that yet.......

On to Spencer. He lost a tooth this morning on the top. That always looks so funny...cute, but funny. He went to Tristan's house on Saturday afternoon and I stayed there with him. He had a great time. And then yesterday (Sunday) he went to his best friend Zack's house. Zack just lives down the street. It's funny with kindergarten play dates because they still don't really like to share too much yet. Spencer said that for the last 1/2 hour there he was just watching Zack play video games and Zack wasn't giving him a turn. They learn as they get older. Brenden used to say the same thing about his best friend Micah. And I'm sure my boys aren't always the best at sharing either. It's just kids being kids.

And now for Cassidy. She is very sick today. I think it might be the stomach flu. She's thrown up three times today, I know, you didn't really need to know all that but you got it anyway. She hasn't been herself at all today or yesterday. I slept on her floor last night because she kept waking up crying because her stomach hurt her so bad and that way I was right there when she needed me. I put my yoga mat on the floor and that really cushioned the floor for me so it wasn't so hard. She's sleeping right now. I'm sitting in my bedroom and she's laying beside me. She's only been awake for a couple of hours and is back to sleep already. Poor baby.

And that wraps it up. Until next time......

No comments: