Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lost power.....agaiin

Well we lost power at 9:48pm last night and power was restored aroung 5am this morning. Our trampoline blew over our fence, splittiing some pickets, and rolled once in the neighbors yards. Richard wasn't home from work yet and I couldn't move the thing so I was just hoping it wouldn't go into the street. Luckily it did not. The frame is bent and a whole bunch of springs popped off. Richard and Josh got it back over the fence and we tied it to a post on the fence and the back porch steps. A trampoline from a few houses down is hanging over the fence of the neighbor behind them. The kids were already in bed and asleep so no one freaked out or even knew the power was out. Usually is the power is out and they are awake they all camp out in our room and we have to tell them to be quiet several times. Richard and I played UNO by candlelight. That was hilarious because we couldn't tell the difference between the green and blue cards and we had to shine a flashlight on the cards a lot or hold it directly under the candlelight. And everytime we put down a green or blue the other one would pick it up to verify the color. We were cracking up. I guess you had to be there..... :)

Spencer told me this morning that he hugged Cassidy last night and she said to him "You make my heart feel special". Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard? I just had to share that with everyone.

Well, I have to get the boys to school. We had a 2 hour delay due to power outages and I have to go to the grocery store. BTW, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: