Thursday, January 29, 2009

Got Power?

Mom doesn't have power but I do so she's staying with us until her power is back on. Right now the estimate is Saturday for the return of power to Lancaster. Today is Thursday. I lost power for like 3 whole minutes and it came back on so we got lucky. My grandpa in Manchester doesn't have power and neither does my dad. So I'm guessing all my other family in West Union and southern Ohio don't have power either. My dad has a generator and he said he put his food from the freezer outside in the snow and ice...CLEVER! And he put his fridge stuff in the garage. Genious idea! Too bad we didn't think of that when we picked up my mom yesterday. The roads are just so icy and impassable. Richard couldn't even go to work yesterday. And then just about an hour ago Brenden slipped on the driveway trying to shovel it and couldn't put pressure on his leg, so I carried all 76 pounds of him in the house. Can you say heavy! But he's ok now so no broken bones. Our school system is already over their snow days limit by 2 days. I don't know if they'll have school tomorrow or not. It's hard to tell right now because the roads are still crap and we are still a Level 2 emergency. It took Richard 2 hours to get to work this morning. That drive on a normal day is 35 minutes. Clearly he took my car and not his camaro, he'd like to keep that for a while and that car is not made for icy roads. Ok, well, everyone stay warm!

No comments: