Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spencer is registered for kindergarten





Well, the time has come to register Spencer for kindergarten. We did that this morning. The registration part isn't sad but the tears will be flowing on his first day! I can't believe how fast that snuck up on us. It seems like yesterday that he was a 15 month old going with me to school to take Brenden to kindergarten. He always sat at the table with Brenden on party days and the kids would give him candy and crap that a 15 month old still has trouble eating unless its cut up! It was so cute. Now, it'll be Spencer going to kindergarten and Cassidy sitting at the table with Spencer on party days. Brenden will be in 4th grade, Spencer will be in kindergarten and Cassidy will be 2! How did this happen! I want them to be little just a little longer. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a stay at home mom since Brenden was born and being able to watch every moment of my children's lives. Learning wise, Spencer is ready for school. He will however be starting off in the 4th grade with Brenden he told me because he wants Brenden to be in his class. I think knowing that Brenden is there may help him a little, we'll see. He's so shy that I know he'll cry on his first day. It'll break my heart to leave him there just like it did with Brenden. But Brenden has always been such a social kid that he was happy to meet so many kids at school but he still cried on his first day cuz he wanted me to be there too.


Last night I had a lot of fun with Brenden at his basketball practice. The parents played against the kids. It was so fun. I did really well too! I've always enjoyed playing basketball. Brenden's last game and awards ceremony is this Saturday. Then starts soccer season for Spencer. I'm one busy momma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thank you for the loving way that you represent our family. You are a fantastic mother and a patient and loving wife. You may think that you are the lucky one for getting to be a stay at home mom, but we are the ones who have benefited the most. Yes our children are growing up, but look at what you have done to prepare them for their journey. We are the lucky ones! Thank you for everything you do to make our family what it is today. Thank you for always putting us first, and never forget how much we love you!!

Richard