Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day


I know I still have to get Spencer's birthday post done, but I wanted to post really quickly about Mother's Day. I've been working so hard this past week and running everyday and I just haven't had the time to do my blog this week. So anyway, this morning Richard got up with the kids and they made me breakfast in bed. I had french toast, hashbrowns and chocolate milk. Yummy! Each kid carried something into the room and Cassidy said Happy Valentines Day then corrected herself and said I mean Happy Mother's Day. So sweet. And Cassidy had in her hands a picture frame with a picture that Richard took of the kids yesterday with them holding up the words Happy Mothers Day. (see above picture) That's so sweet! So I ate my breakfast, Richard brought up the paper and the kids left me alone. I came dowstairs about 1/2 hour later and the boys gave me cards they made at school and Cassidy gave me one she colored for me this morning. (Brenden's card stated that he wouldn't fight with Spencer for 1 day...if he meant that to be today, he's already broken that one!) Then the kids gave me a card they bought for me and gave me some gifts. The gifts were 3 running shirts, a visor to wear while running and Cassidy's pick was a box of chocolates. So I guess my theme here is I will run for chocolate LOL! And now Richard is doing some cleaning, the dogs are outside, Cassidy is watching Spongebob and the boys are playing video games in their rooms. Now I just need to teach the boys to do laundry which is something they both had in their mother's day cards that they will do and it just turns out there's a weeks worth of laundry just waiting for them. Lucky them....Lucky me! Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments: