Monday, December 7, 2009

Work and Life

Work is going well. Last week was my first week on the phones not in training and the first days were scary because I felt like I didn't remember a stinking thing I learned in training. But the supervisors are always available (when they want to be it seems) to help you through a call if you are having trouble getting through the screens. It's a lot to remember with refunding, replacing, tracking, changing orders, ordering, etc. But yesterday went well and it was the first day that I felt like I actually know what to do now. And of course by the time I have mastered it the job will end. Being seasonal it is scheduled to last up to Jan 9, could end sooner, hopefully not. Maybe I'll get asked to stay on, keeping fingers crossed. That would be nice. Kinda nice having a real work at home job. I'm off today. I got scheduled for Saturday and had to trade because Brenden has basketball games on Saturdays. Speaking of that, Brenden rocks on the basketball court. One of his teammates called him a "beast" on the court this past Saturday after the game. He is quick on the court and fights for the ball. The coach even commented on how well he is doing. I'll have to try to figure out how to post a video clip of one of his games on my blog. Spencer doesn't have his first game until January.

We put our Christmas tree up on Saturday night and when we got up on Sunday morning Cassidy was disappointed because she thought that Santa was supposed to have come that night since we put up the tree. She wanted to put her ornaments on the side of the tree that is right beside the fireplace so that Santa would see her ornaments right when he got here. It was so precious. She set up a porcelain Santa doll that we have right on the fireplace and she sits and plays with it, very cute. She'll be really adorable at Christmas this year. She is into saying how adoralbe, or pretty or cute things are all the time. She's a super sweet little girl. Even with the last 6 months we've had, I'm still very much looking forward to Christmas. I went out on Black Friday and got some great deals. We started buying things in September little by little so that we didn't have to buy it all at one time. Works out great that way. I'll have to do this every year. I always say I'm going to but I never seem to actually do it. TaTa for now!

No comments: