Friday, April 3, 2009

Julie vs. the wasp

I got stung by a wasp twice yesterday just as I was getting ready to go jogging. Spencer was ready to go on his bike and I was getting the stroller out of the van and bringing it up the driveway when I felt the first sting. It felt like hot embers falling on my neck and shoulder. I thought it was a dragonfly or something crawling on me and I told Richard to get it off and it just kept getting worse. By this time I'm dancing like a fool in the driveway and screeching saying get it off it hurts and he found the wasp in my hair. By the time it was all over, which felt like 10 minutes but in actuality was probably like 30 seconds, I had been stung on the back of my neck and on my shoulder. The neighbors were grillling out and a lady across the street was outside so I'm sure they were laughing their butts off at me but hey, it hurt!!! I know not to swat at them but I didn't see it coming and I didn't realize it was a wasp on me or I would have not been flailing my arms around wildly trying to get it off. I've had no allergic reaction to it so I'm ok. So there's your laugh for the day because I know as you sit reading this and visualize the dancing and screeching in the driveway you were totally laughing.

No comments: