Tuesday, September 2, 2008

misadventures of Labor Day

So yesterday was different. First we woke up and Brenden turned on the tv....or at least tried to. It wouldn't turn on. It's stinkin brand new. We got it in the end of May! It's a 50" Plasma, Richard's dream tv! So he tried to call the # for customer service and of course they weren't open due to labor day. So then I start looking for the warranty and receipt. I have a box in the basement with all household warranties. I go to it first...it's not there. Where could it be? The 3 hour search began. I looked everywhere I thought I could have put it twice! Never found it. So I go to put the address/phone book away and see papers sticking out of it and there it was in the back! Why you ask, I'm not sure. I have no idea why I would have put it there except for maybe wanting it close by in case we needed it and I wouldn't have to dig it out of the box in the basement. Genius idea Julie. I searched for ever and it's always in the place you least expect it and of course the last place you look! While I was looking we rather enjoyed the quietness without the TV on. The boys have tv's in their rooms so they played some video games but also played outside a lot too. We brought the old tv up from the basement and put it in the living room around 7pm so I could watch my One Tree Hill premiere last night without having to watch it upstairs in our bedroom. Life was nice without the TV for a while, we'll have to do that again sometime! But it won't be anytime during the weekdays because I'm a soap opera aholic. And one more thing, we stapled the receipt and warranty to the cover of the manual and put it in the box with all the others so I won't have to do an all day search again. Until of course I put something else in a stupid location that I think I'll remember but clearly won't!

No comments: