Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What will 2008 bring?

Well, I haven't posted my resolution yet so here it is. I expect the kids to keep their room clean but mine always isn't. I have a tendency to just take the laundry in and not put it right away or put hang up clothes on the chair instead of in the closet. I justify this by saying I'm busy but then I tell Brenden and Spencer that it takes 5 minutes or less to do it right the first time and then you won't have a mess. So, I am taking my own advice and just doing it the first time (hopefully). So that's my resolution...not to let my room get messy either.
We started giving the boys an allowance for doing a few chores so I'll have to keep up on my room so I can lead by example. As far as what will 2008 bring for us? I hope and pray a new house. We've picked out the builder and the blueprint and that's as far as we've gotten. We still need land. Then we have to sell our house before we can build. It's a process for sure. I'm hoping that we can be in our new house by Christmas 2008. Anyone else have hopes or expectations for 2008? Or resolutions? Please share.

2 comments:

~Lori said...

I always pick basic, shallow resolutions, so they're easy to stick to...I didn't think of one yet this year though. Oh well. Good luck with keeping your room clean. That should probably be mine too! :) I hate putting laundry away.
Where are you looking to build?

Julie said...

We're planning on staying in this area. We like it here. But we want out in the country.